Author Topic: Lag when recording - What should i upgrade in my pc?  (Read 6341 times)

Ian

• Noob
Re: Lag when recording - What should i upgrade in my pc?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:03 am »
Thanks!
Do i need to get more RAM ? ^^

Fierce Guppy

• Noob
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03:27 pm »
~30 mbyte/s is the perfect indication that he uses an USB 2 drive.

And with that its impossible to record in RGB colorspace with no compression and even fullHD.

A further problem I see here is the used filesystem on that drive. He wont record very long if he uses FAT32 which its filesize limit per file of 4 GB.

For the actual configuration (DXTory Codec, RGB, no compression, 30fps, 1920x1080)

your drive must be able to write 178 mbyte/s. Yours has 30. You see the problem?  :P

Interesting...  So the "RGB (True Quality)" setting is definitely 24-bit rather than 32?

Malix

• Monster
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:24:10 pm »
~30 mbyte/s is the perfect indication that he uses an USB 2 drive.

And with that its impossible to record in RGB colorspace with no compression and even fullHD.

A further problem I see here is the used filesystem on that drive. He wont record very long if he uses FAT32 which its filesize limit per file of 4 GB.

For the actual configuration (DXTory Codec, RGB, no compression, 30fps, 1920x1080)

your drive must be able to write 178 mbyte/s. Yours has 30. You see the problem?  :P

Interesting...  So the "RGB (True Quality)" setting is definitely 24-bit rather than 32?

"32-bit colors" has no more colors than 24-bit, the extra 8-bit are alpha, and GENERALLY in videocapture you don't need that.