Author Topic: Help /w Dxtory Crash  (Read 1428 times)

Covert0ne

• Noob
Help /w Dxtory Crash
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:08:00 am »
Good Evening,

I've been experiencing a problem with launching Dxtory whereby it will immediately crash following execution with the following error.

I've attached the various log files to compliment this issue. Please note I have tried the following to remedy the situation:

- Removed Anti-Virus (Malware-Bytes)
- Re-installed the application (Including removing /AppData directories)
- Tried Various GPU drivers
- Much...Much More.

The error seems to suggest a problem with x86/x64 but at that point goes beyond my knowledge.

Thanks!

ExKoder

• Administrator
  • Saint
    • ExKode
Re: Help /w Dxtory Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:54 pm »
Please submit a Environment Information.

http://forum.exkode.com/index.php?topic=2.0

Since your UI is modified, it seems that the WPF does not operate normally by that cause.

I had the same issue, what fixed it for me was using the default ExplorerFrame.dll files.  One is located in windows/system32 and the other is in windows/syswow64

I'm still able to use a custom theme, but for some reason dxtory doesn't like custom explorerframe

Covert0ne

• Noob
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:41:18 pm »
Thanks for taking a look, I will try the default explorerframes when I get home this evening and report back!

Covert0ne

• Noob
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11:42 pm »
Good News!

Restoring the default 'ExplorerFrame.dll' in System32 & SysWOW64 solved my issue. If you don't have the original files like I did, Open a Administrative command prompt and type 'sfc /scannow' to restore them.

My Windows theme still works despite the lack of the custom frames.

Thanks!