Author Topic: [Request] NVEnc support in the future?  (Read 31057 times)

astrix_au

• Noob
Re: [Request] NVEnc support in the future?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 12:31:04 pm »

It is not trash to recommend people to do record lossless. There are lots of people who even dont know that recording lossless is better method. at letsplay forum many people were very thankful that their quality vs filesize got improved as we told them to do the recording lossless.
editing of lossless material is way faster as well.

Some of us want to record 1440p 60fps and this can't be done on a normal HD, only 30fps. I can do it with bandi and M-Jpeg at 170Mbps with minimal sometimes no effect but other times unfortunately it's noticeable.

Truth is nothing compares to recording on Mantle...  and I don't mean OBS or windowed i'm talking about full screen and crossfire. No effect and small sizes even though 720p is only working for now but the 1080p bug surely will be fixed soon. Here's hoping DXtory will support it. I shared the link to the SDK so i hope they go that route but the other company should squash the tarring and flickering bug soon on 1080p mantle recording with VCE.

It works so well that I when from capturing 1440p 60fps tp only capturing 720p for now till 1080p is fixed, you guys will know what i'm talking about when DX12 comes out in a few years.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:54:03 pm by astrix_au »

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 08:53:31 pm »
I record in 2560x1600, 60fps

2 seagate barracuda configured as RAID 0

One HDD should be enough though if its fast as a barracuda and not these slow 100 mbyte ones.

NVEnc in Maxwell cards support Lossless though. That would be more interesting then.
But it may be not the performance like at shadowplay.

See here:

NVEnc in MSI Afterburner has for me the same fps drop at Rise Of The Triad 2013 like with the CPU Encoder. Only if you use Shadowplay directly you lose no fps. But unfortunately Shadowplay is the worst NVEnc implementation in every other way..

ShavedApe

• Noob
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 02:45:19 am »
That is despite recording to SSD's and having GTX780 TI OC and 4790k Overclocked

What a bullshit.

I have 2 harddisks set to RAID 0 and a i7 3770k and a gtx 680 and can record with it in 2560x1600, 60fps without any drop or if a more cpu intensive game a slight drop.

Recording lossy kills efficiency for later filters you use in video editors (if you use them) and for later encoder it is bad as well - audio and video - if the source material is already lossy. If you upload it to youtube you have the 3rd lossy encode. Result is a garbage blocky image on youtube. Far more than necessary. But if you're still happy with such a solution - okay.. but hard to believe that this does satisfy you.

whats bullshit mr codec police?

The fact that i record using an SSD? how the f*ck would you know if I do or not please feel free to let me know how I can prove it and I will be happy to do so? Or was it that yet again you are jumping in trying to tell people their choices are invalid because bla bla bla lossy bla bla
I find it funny how you know what hardware I am using and call bullshit on it id be happy to provide receipts if you like.

We CHOSE to buy this program and we have a CHOICE how we use it, You don't have to like it but its almost like you feel its your place to tell people they are wrong if they don't do it the way you like. We heard you already, move on its really not that important if someone you don't even know records in lossless format it really doesn't effect you in any way.

Bottom line and excuse me if you have heard this before nobody cares for your opinion because you have expressed it enough already usually in quite an insulting way. We are all allowed freedom of choice just like you choose to reply despite being asked not to we choose use codecs that are lossy and you know what most of us are more than happy with that despite any of your reasons why we shouldn't be so perhaps its time to move on and get over yourself.

Oh btw unless your reply is how I can prove what hardware I use to record I wont be bothering to read it. Ive read your drivel so many times already I wont be wasting my time with you again.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:51:15 am by ShavedApe »

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 03:23:20 am »
Bullshit is, that you say you need a SSD for recording in 60fps.

2 HDDs are very cheap and give you the need for almost no fps drop while recording and 60fps capture possible.

But yes you love recording lossy. I see.

You love if filter and encoder can work worse with your material. you love worse than possible quality at youtube.

Give me any valid reason why you need it lossy? A HDD of 1TB costs nowadays less than 50 €. I dont get it. sry.

NVEnc would be able to record lossless. But Shadowplay not ...

And NVEnc drops absolutely the same fps down with other software than Shadowplay.

Rise of the Triad:

Lossless Capture with MSI Afterburner: 55fps
Capture with Shadowplay : untouched 80fps like without recording
Capture with MSI Afterburner with NVEnc: 55fps.

The same speed as with the cpu encoders.

The reason is: Shadowplay can capture before the API (DirectX) which a 3rd party program cant.

Please read THIS:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4687310&postcount=61
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4983347
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4983364&postcount=5

And now I really have to laugh about you to death. its so funny that you request something which cant be faster anyway. Its so ridiculous and funny.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:33:03 am by De-M-oN »

ShavedApe

• Noob
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:40 am »
Bullshit is, that you say you need a SSD for recording in 60fps.

You seem to be having issues with reading let me clarify for you at no point did I say I NEED an SSD for recording at 60fps simply that I use and SSD for recording because I choose to not because I have to. Try reading in future then you wont look so stupid.

As for your questions I have no interest in helping you derail this thread further you have made your point more than once and despite being told nobody cares you still go down this crusaders path to change the way we record and which codec we choose to do it with. How I choose to do things is my CHOICE and it shall remain that way even if you dont like it.

Why is it so important to you that people don't have this choice I wonder. Actually no ignore that I really really don't care.
Feel free to reply though no doubt you will which will be a waste because I wont be bothering to read it but hey if you got time to waste here at least your not bothering others elsewhere with constant droning on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:54:33 am by ShavedApe »

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 02:51:05 am »
Read the linked threads. You even dont gain any performance advantage if dxtory will NVEnc. Because the necessary apis for it are locked by nvidia to bypass DirectX - They want that their shadowplay is used if you want more speed. And this means you have with NVEnc the exact same fps drop like with cpu encoder.

It is all detailed written in the links.

So for what do you need NVEnc then?

And why are you so aggressive? Arent you able to discuss normally? You and shamis really act like little aggressive kids. I would write normal as well. But people like you and especially shamis arent people where a discussion would be in the slightest possible.

Why is it so important to you that people don't have this choice I wonder.

It just is wasted programming work and time for a thing which doesnt improve things, if the necessary API is locked by Nvidia to gain from that.

There are more important things to do - like better OpenGL Performance - there for example is DXTory very slow.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:59:55 am by De-M-oN »

ShavedApe

• Noob
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:43 am »
lol take a look at your fist reply to me then take a step back and ask yourself whos being aggressive. Then do yourself a favour and walk away because nobody cares. I really don't see why you don't get that you've been told enough.

Oh and BTW i already answered your question we want Nvenc because its our CHOICE we should be able to choose it even if as you say there is no performance benefit its still nice to have choice now please exercise your right to choice by choosing not to reply to me as I requested much earlier in the thread.

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 03:06:24 am »
Read my edit. How said - Its just like how other write to me and shamis started the disaster. not me.

And how said:

Quote from: De-M-oN
It just is wasted programming work and time for a thing which doesnt improve things, if the necessary API is locked by Nvidia to gain from that.

There are more important things to do - like better OpenGL Performance - there for example is DXTory very slow.

A better and configurable overlay would be nice too - like duration of record and much more - timer was requested so many times already.

mouse

• Noob
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »
Having tried bandicam with nvenc vs a variety of different codecs and recording software, nvenc definitely saw much better performance, despite using a standard hook.

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2015, 02:35:54 am »
Dont forget that your HDD limits your fps as well.

With a RAID 0 the advantage is extremely small. For my Rise of the Triad '13 game even zero advantage. Just shadowplay could stay at same fps like without capture. But shadowplay doesnt allow lossless and has much much more shortcomings.

Maxwell would allow lossless encoding.

zerowalker

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:45 am »
Interesting, didn't know ShadowPlay bypassed the API.
But how is that even possible and why can't 3rd party do that?
What about AMD Raptr?

And also, i am guessing you only mean FPS drop in the sense of "as long as CPU usage doesn't interfere with the game".

EDIT:

Ah read the topics, so it's pretty much cause they got some hardware features that they can use to simply "copy paste" the buffer without having to tell the API to send a copy.
I hope AMD gets some similar shit, usually they make it all open source.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:27:29 am by zerowalker »

JinxSwe

• Noob
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2015, 05:21:42 am »
Read the linked threads. You even dont gain any performance advantage if dxtory will NVEnc. Because the necessary apis for it are locked by nvidia to bypass DirectX - They want that their shadowplay is used if you want more speed. And this means you have with NVEnc the exact same fps drop like with cpu encoder.

It is all detailed written in the links.

So for what do you need NVEnc then?

And why are you so aggressive? Arent you able to discuss normally? You and shamis really act like little aggressive kids. I would write normal as well. But people like you and especially shamis arent people where a discussion would be in the slightest possible.

Why is it so important to you that people don't have this choice I wonder.

I had to register a account just to respond to this. And also request the NVEnc.
It seems like u never have used the NVEnc. Im using it on Bandicam and OBS and im getting 0 simply 0 loss of frames with NVEnc and I have never seen another encoder that can record so good quality with 0... I say again 0 loss of frames. And the files size are good for the quality.

I want the NVEnc on DXtory since its one for the few programs that can seperate audio files.

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2015, 05:57:52 am »
It seems like u never have used the NVEnc

I have and you see my results. And read the Links I posted as well. And Unwinder isnt silly - he just is the developer of MSI Afterburner.

0 loss of frames is possible with lossless too - just get a fast harddrive.

Or did you mean with it the fps rate? Look my results - its not faster at all compared to cpu encoder - maybe its just an bottleneck which slows your fps down at lossless codecs. The most reason for this is a too slow harddisk (not enough write speed).

And it doesnt matter which game - if no bottleneck (I have RAID 0 and so on - so no bottlenecks at my system) then the cpu encoder arent slower than nvenc at all. Reasons you can read clearly at the urls I've given in my post.

JinxSwe

• Noob
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 07:11:29 am »
It seems like u never have used the NVEnc

I have and you see my results. And read the Links I posted as well. And Unwinder isnt silly - he just is the developer of MSI Afterburner.

0 loss of frames is possible with lossless too - just get a fast harddrive.

Or did you mean with it the fps rate? Look my results - its not faster at all compared to cpu encoder - maybe its just an bottleneck which slows your fps down at lossless codecs. The most reason for this is a too slow harddisk (not enough write speed).

And it doesnt matter which game - if no bottleneck (I have RAID 0 and so on - so no bottlenecks at my system) then the cpu encoder arent slower than nvenc at all. Reasons you can read clearly at the urls I've given in my post.

Nither u or Unwinder show eny proof of the NVEnc is in eny way bad. Unwinder just nags about the NVEnc first been locked to Shadowplay and that his CPU sucks.
And this isn't a debate on what codec is better then the other.
This is about some of us feel that the NVEnc is a good codec and we would like it in DXtory. Not every one can afford new hardware and I my self find the NVEnc to be a good
substitute to lossless becuse it dosn't need the newest CPU or HHD. And producing good quality videos with less file sizes.

If u want to compare codecs do it in another thread.

De-M-oN

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 07:24:21 am »
Nither u or Unwinder show eny proof of the NVEnc is in eny way bad. Unwinder just nags about the NVEnc first been locked to Shadowplay and that his CPU sucks.

He did with this post:

And a) his cpu doesnt suck at all and b) he even didnt say that his cpu is bad - he said that background encoding isnt a big deal for nowadays cpus. It has another main reason why the fps goes down (if not additional by the HDD - and I'm sure your HDD is just too slow for lossless - thats all)

substitute to lossless becuse it dosn't need the newest CPU or HHD. And producing good quality videos with less file sizes.

which proves clearly you didnt read:

So now you got it twice.

If you use NVIFR or NVFBC - THEN you'll have a performance gain - but nvidia locked it for other software - so you gain nothing. Because the main fps drop is because of the hook into DirectX API and not because of the actual encoding. But other software can only do the DirectX hook - there is no way around it if nvidia locked NVIFR capture for 3rd party software.

Come on - unwinder clearly said it in the post - and very detailed - and you still try to argue about it?

Its really sad that the detailed explanation of him isnt enough. I even gave you my prove that its correct. So why you still try to debate this?

It even sounds that you try to say that unwinder has no knowledge. He just programmed the whole afterburner program and he has lots of knowledge.

Its really ridiculous how you still try to argue about it...

edit2: A good lossless capable HDD costs nowadays about 40 € with 1 TB and 2TB isn't much more expensive too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:31:23 am by De-M-oN »